A four/five bedroom 1930’s detached house in the heart of Willingdon Village, offering Downland views and many charming features. An 80ft rear garden leads to a double garage, off road parking and an insulated garden office. A galleried landing brings in plenty of natural light, as does the kitchen/breakfast room, which is open plan to the conservatory. A bay fronted lounge opens to the dining area, and there is a ground floor shower room and study/bedroom five. Upstairs are four bedrooms, most offering Downland views, as well as a family bathroom and separate WC. Bursting with features, this family home is a must view.
A note from the Vendor “I love waking up to views of the South Downs.”
Location Willingdon Village offers an idyllic traditional village setting, whilst being only 2.5 miles from Eastbourne town centre and seafront. A post office, BP garage with M & S shop, choice of two country pubs, a Thai restaurant, hairdresser’s and beauty salon are all on hand in the village. Not to mention the numerous scenic Downland walks that are right on your doorstep. Good Ofsted rated schools are available in neighbouring Willingdon or Ratton/Old Town. An all round perfect location for a family home.
Storm Porch Double glazed front door to
Hallway Stairs to first floor landing, under stairs cupboard, radiator. Storage above front door.
Ground Floor Shower Room Obscured double glazed window to rear aspect. White suite comprising shower cubicle, low level flush WC and winged basin with vanity unit. Inset spot lighting. Extractor fan.
Living Room 5.66m (18’7″) x 4.58m (15’1″) into bay
Double glazed bay window to front aspect with views towards The Downs. Open fireplace. Picture rail. Coving. Radiator. Archway to:
Dining Area 3.28m (10’9″) x 3.12m (10’3″)
Double glazed patio doors to rear garden. Picture rail. Radiator. Door to hallway.
Study/Bedroom Five 2.62m (8’7″) x 2.44m (8′)
Double glazed window to front aspect. Radiator.
Kitchen 6.45m (21’2″) x 2.00m (6’7″)
Double glazed window to side aspect. Fitted with a range of modern Beech style wall and base mounted units with complementary worktops and breakfast bar. Inset sink with drainer and mixer tap. Space for electric cooker, washing machine and fridge/freezer. Radiator. Open plan to:
Conservatory Area Double glazed door to side and double doors to patio, storage cupboard, double glazed windows with window seat with storage under and double glazed roof.
Landing Feature galleried landing with large double glazed window to rear aspect, storage cupboard and hatch to loft space.
Master Bedroom 3.73m (12’3″) x 3.68m (12’1″)
Two double glazed windows to front aspect with views of The Downs. Picture rail. Coving. Radiator.
Bedroom Two 3.35m (11′) x 2.82m (9’3″)
Double glazed window to front aspect with views of The Downs. Built-in wardrobe. Radiator.
Bedroom Three 3.15m (10’4″) x 2.91m (9’6″)
Double glazed windows to side and rear aspect. Radiator and picture rail.
Bedroom Four 2.86m (9’5″) x 1.98m (6’6″)
Double glazed window to front aspect with views of The Downs. Radiator and picture rail.
Family Bathroom Obscured double glazed window to rear. White suite comprising bath with electric shower overhead and winged basin with vanity unit. Airing cupboard. Further hatch to loft space. Heated towel rail.
Separate WC Low level flush WC and wash hand basin.
Front Garden Laid to lawn and enclosed by fencing and hedging, with well stocked flower beds and side access.
Rear Garden Laid to lawn with paved patio, pond and raised vegetable beds. Extends to approximately 80ft in length.
Double Garage 16’ x 15’8 Up and over door, personal door and window. Power and light.
Insulated Garden Office 12’3 x 8’ Power and light.
Off Road Parking Located to the rear of the property, accessed via Tascombe Way.
Solar Panels Installed March 2014 to three sides of the roof. Modules are gauranteed for 10 years with a 25 year power output gaurantee. Providing you with tax free income as you sell energy back to the grid. Power can be used to heat water too saving you additional gas usage. The property does have a gas central heating system too.
Council Tax Band E with Wealden District Council.
- ACCESS TO THE SOUTH DOWNS CLOSEBY
- DESIRABLE VILLAGE LOCATION
- DOUBLE GARAGE & PARKING
- EXTENDED 1930'S DETACHED HOUSE
- FABULOUS KITCHEN/BREAKFAST CONSERVATORY
- FAMILY BATHROOM AND SHOWER ROOM
- FLEXIBLE AND SPACIOUS FAMILY HOME
- GALLERIED LANDING
- SECLUDED 80FT REAR GARDEN
- The Grange Montessori (1.8 mi)2 reviews
- Happy Valley Pre School (9.25 mi)1 reviews
- Patcham High School (17.7 mi)1 reviews
- Varndean School (17.24 mi)1 reviews
- Driver Training Taylormade (1.73 mi)2 reviews
- District General Hospital (1.23 mi)5 reviews
- Royal Sussex County Hospital (16.13 mi)4 reviews
- Nuffield Health Brighton Hospital (14.67 mi)1 reviews
- Seaford Medical Practice (6.86 mi)3 reviews
- East Sussex Hospitals Nhs Trust (15.04 mi)1 reviews
- Spar (2.68 mi)1 reviews
- Tesco Stores (2.64 mi)6 reviews
- Tesco stores (2.05 mi)1 reviews
- One Stop Convenience Store (2.71 mi)1 reviews
- Sainsburys (2.65 mi)5 reviews
- Seven Sisters Country Park (4.56 mi)10 reviews
- Michelham Priory and Gardens (4.38 mi)3 reviews
- Arlington Reservoir (1.49 mi)3 reviews
- Willingdon Trees (0.97 mi)1 reviews
- Stanmer Park (16.22 mi)13 reviews
- One Stop Community Stores (1.39 mi)1 reviews
- Co-op (1.42 mi)1 reviews
- Tesco Stores (1.1 mi)1 reviews
- Sainsburys (1.41 mi)5 reviews
- Superdrug Stores (2.74 mi)2 reviews
- Kings Drive Service Station (1.25 mi)2 reviews
- Old Town Service Station (2.14 mi)3 reviews
- BP Connect (3.89 mi)1 reviews
- Marks and Spencer BP Connect (16.54 mi)4 reviews
- Morrisons Seaford Petrol Station (6.88 mi)1 reviews
- Churchill Square Shopping Centre (17.34 mi)16 reviews
- Brighton Marina (17.05 mi)24 reviews
- Orchards Shopping Centre (20.49 mi)1 reviews
- Big Bead Boutique (17.35 mi)7 reviews
- Marks & Spencer (14.91 mi)1 reviews
- Flamenco Tapas Restaurant (2.91 mi)8 reviews
- The Beach Deck (2.88 mi)10 reviews
- Mirabelle Restaurant (3.2 mi)4 reviews
- Pomodoro E Mozzarella (2.86 mi)23 reviews
- La Locanda Del Luca (2.85 mi)6 reviews
- Nelson Coffee Co. (2.58 mi)1 reviews
- Vickery Coffee House (2.95 mi)2 reviews
- Seaside Pie & Mash (2.88 mi)1 reviews
- Bill's Cafe (2.81 mi)1 reviews
- Favoloso Cafe (3.09 mi)9 reviews
- Sainsburys (1.41 mi)5 reviews
- Waitrose (4.31 mi)3 reviews
- Lidl Eastbourne (2.71 mi)5 reviews
- Tesco Stores (1.1 mi)1 reviews
- Costcutter (4.07 mi)1 reviews
- The Probate Department (0.4 mi)1 reviews
- HSBC Bank (4.26 mi)1 reviews
- Nationwide Building Society (2.76 mi)1 reviews
- Abbey (2.74 mi)2 reviews
- Nationwide Building Society (4.25 mi)1 reviews
- The British Queen (0.44 mi)1 reviews
- The Wheatsheaf Inn (0.14 mi)1 reviews
- Red Lion (0.28 mi)1 reviews
- The Rodmill Pub (1.31 mi)3 reviews
- The Parkfield (0.76 mi)3 reviews
- Gatwick Express (30.39 mi)84 reviews
- Chase Veterinary Centre (1.83 mi)1 reviews
- Coastway Veterinary Clinic (16.35 mi)10 reviews
- St Francis Veterinary Surgery (17.72 mi)4 reviews
- Badgers Oak Veterinary Clinic (20.09 mi)2 reviews
- Cats Protection (20.14 mi)3 reviews