A very charming Georgian era three bedroom semi-detached cottage of immense character. boasting functional and spacious accommodation for a cottage of this vintage. With many desirable features including 26’ sitting room with inglenook fireplace, bespoke hand crafted kitchen, exposed beams and pretty casement windows. Outside there are secluded gardens to three sides plus off road parking for three cars and a useful garage. A delightful location in the village of East Hoathly backing onto ancient woodland.
A note from the vendor: “The best home we have ever owned, it has a great character and very easy to live with.”
Situated in the heart of the village the property is a short walk to the local shopping facilities, public house, church and highly regarded school and nursery. Uckfield is a few miles away with its more comprehensive range of shopping facilities including two supermarkets, restaurants, public houses, schooling for all ages and mainline railway station with commuter links to London Bridge. The historic county town of Lewes is approximately 9 miles away and offers an excellent range of amenities including leisure centre, South Downs college, three screen cinema, primary and secondary schooling, two major supermarkets and a range of individual shops.
The chimney stack is dated 1768 but the building is possibly older. Red brick and grey headers alternately, stringcourse, hipped tiled roof, casement windows and stone doorway with segmental
Hallway Oak front door, beamed walls, stairs to first floor with under stairs storage cupboard, oak flooring, radiator.
Sitting Room 8.07m (26’6″) x 3.89m (12’9″)
Window to front aspect, two large windows to rear aspect, large Inglenook fireplace with wooden brassumer, ceiling beams, wall mounted lights, oak flooring, two radiators.
Dining Kitchen 5.89m (19’4″) x 2.82m (9’3″)
Window to front and side aspects, oak floor to dining area, radiator. Kitchen is fitted with hand built bespoke wall and base mounted units with solid wood worktops over. Ceramic one and a half bowl sink with mixer tap, built in hob, oven and extractor hood. Slimline dishwasher and spaces for fridge/freezer and washing machine. Pantry. Slate flooring to kitchen area.
Rear Porch Double glazed window and door to rear garden. Brick floor.
Ground Floor Shower Room Window to rear aspect. Suite comprising large tiled shower enclosure, hand basin and WC. Grant oil boiler.
First Floor Landing Airing cupboard
Bedroom One 3.97m (13′) x 3.54m (11’7″)
Two windows to front aspect, one window to rear aspect. Built in wardrobes, two storage cupboards, exposed wooden floorboards and radiator.
Bedroom Two 3.85m (12’8″) x 2.93m (9’7″)
Window to front aspect, exposed beams, built in wardrobe, radiator.
Bedroom Three 2.87m (9’5″) x 2.26m (7’5″)
Double glazed window to rear aspect, hatch to loft space, radiator.
Shower Room Window to rear aspect. Suite comprising large tiled shower enclosure, hand basin and WC. Radiator.
Front Garden Laid to lawn with brick path and enclosed by hedging with gate giving side access.
Side Garden Laid with slate chips and with cottage style garden borders.
Rear Garden Laid to lawn with an area of shingle and trees and shrubs. Outbuilding.
Rear Driveway Gated off road parking to the rear of the property for up to three vehicles.
Garage with power and light.
Council Tax Band E with Wealden District Council.
Services Oil fired central heating system, mains drainage, electricity and telephone.
0.6% plus VAT 16 weeks sole
- BESPOKE KITCHEN
- CHARACTER PROPERTY
- EXTENDED ACCOMMODATION
- GARAGE AND PARKING FOR THREE CARS
- GARDENS TO THREE SIDES
- GRADE II LISTED BUILDING
- INGLENOOK FIREPLACE
- VERY WELL MAINTAINED
- Village Location
- The Grange Montessori (11.11 mi)2 reviews
- Patcham High School (13.89 mi)1 reviews
- Embassy Language Training School (15.36 mi)1 reviews
- Nuffield Health Brighton Hospital (12.21 mi)1 reviews
- Royal Sussex County Hospital (14.11 mi)4 reviews
- Uckfield Community Hospital (3.77 mi)1 reviews
- Convenience Corner (14.54 mi)4 reviews
- Tesco Express (14.73 mi)7 reviews
- Thingslicious (15.27 mi)3 reviews
- Michelham Priory and Gardens (4.94 mi)3 reviews
- Queen's Park (14.23 mi)12 reviews
- Preston Park (14.63 mi)21 reviews
- Golden Cross Service Station (2.45 mi)1 reviews
- Shell UK (12.3 mi)1 reviews
- Esso Service Station (6.87 mi)1 reviews
- Imperial Arcade (14.72 mi)2 reviews
- County Mall Shopping Centre (19.94 mi)9 reviews
- Orchards Shopping Centre (12.55 mi)1 reviews
- Duddleswell Tea Rooms (2.88 mi)1 reviews
- Lakeside Cafe (3.61 mi)1 reviews
- Hartfields (4.33 mi)2 reviews
- HSBC Bank (6.08 mi)1 reviews
- Nationwide Building Society (6.06 mi)1 reviews
- Fantastic Cleaners (41.49 mi)26 reviews
- Coastway Veterinary Clinic (14.22 mi)10 reviews
- St Francis Veterinary Surgery (15.32 mi)4 reviews
- Cats Protection (10.88 mi)3 reviews