A very fine example of an individually designed 1940’s Sussex style detached house. Offering an impressive 2000 sqft of family living space, with four bedrooms (which are big enough to be five), four reception rooms and two en-suite showers. Occupying a generous and secluded plot that is set well back from the road. Outside there is a idew garage, gated driveway and mature gardens. Located at the Horsebridge end of Hailsham, in a highly regarded residential area.
A note from the vendor: “A truly wonderful family home. We have lived here for 36 years and are only the second owners”.
The market town of Hailsham lies 10 miles north of the sea at Eastbourne. It is surrounded by countryside and has one of England’s last remaining cattle markets. Facilities include three supermarkets, cinema, leisure centre and an attractive high street with many independent shops. The house is in a good catchment of schools for all ages.
Wooden front entrance door, small window.
Window to front aspect. Stairs to first floor landing. Under stairs storage cupboard, wall mounted thermostat, radiator.
Ground Floor Cloakroom
Obscured window to side aspect. Suite comprising low level flush WC and hand basin. Partly tiled walls. Laminate floor.
Sitting Room 4.80m (15’9”) x 3.86m (12’8”)
Feature Bow window to front aspect, small window to rear aspect. Gas fire with back boiler, storage units built into chimney breast recess, picture rail, radiator.
Dining Area 3.58m (11’9”) x 3.44m (11’3”)
Window to side aspect, service hatch, picture rail.
Garden Room 5.12m (16’9”) x 2.90m (9’6”)
Windows to all sides and door to rear garden. Exposed brick walls and wood flooring. Leading to study area with further door to rear garden.
Kitchen 4.05m (13’3”) max x 3.25m (10’8”)
Window to rear aspect. Fitted with a range of Green country style wall and base mounted units with worktops over. One and a half bowl ceramic sink with drainer. Integrated appliances including eye level electric oven, four ring gas hob with extractor hood over, Bosch fridge and Bosch dishwasher. Breakfast bar. Picture rail.
Living Room 7.08m (23’3”) x 3.48m (11’5”)
Oak window to rear aspect and oak doors to rear garden. Four removable oak doors to Loggia, so you can open up the room to the front terrace. Inglenook fireplace with large wood burning stove plus radiator.
First Floor Landing
Window to front aspect. Airing cupboard. Radiator.
Master Bedroom 7.49m (24’7″) x 3.53m (11’7″)
Windows to rear and side aspect. Two skylights to side aspect. Eaves cupboard. Radiator. Coving. Archway to:
Suite comprising shower cubicle and hand basin with vanity unit. Chrome towel rail. Extractor fan.
Bedroom 2 4.80m (15’9″) x 3.26m (10’8″)
Window to front aspect. Treble fitted wardrobes. Radiator. Archway to:
Window to rear aspect. Suite comprising shower cubicle and hand basin with vanity unit.
Bedroom 3 3.35m (11′) max x 3.15m (10’4″)
Double aspect with windows to rear and side aspects. Built in wardrobe. Coving. Radiator.
Bedroom 4 3.35m (11′) x 2.35m (7’9″) max
Window to rear aspect. Built in wardrobe. Coving. Radiator.
Obscured window to rear aspect. Suite comprising P-shaped shower bath with screen and semi-pedestal wash hand basin. Chrome heated towel rail. Tiled walls. Vinolay floor. Coving.
Long lawned garden with paved secluded terrace adjacent to Loggia.
Providing generous off road parking for several vehicles.
Wide Garage 6.15m (20’2) x 3.45m (11’4)
Up and over door, personal side door. Considered to be of larger than average width.
Secluded and enclosed by mature hedging. Laid to lawn with block paved patio and large workshop.
Band F with Wealden District Council.
0.6% + VAT sole.
- 2000 SQFT DETACHED HOUSE
- FAVOURED LOCATION
- FOUR RECEPTIONS
- GATED DRIVEWAY
- INDIVIDUAL CHARACTER HOME
- LARGE PLOT
- SUSSEX STYLE PROPERTY
- TWO EN SUITE SHOWERS
- WIDE GARAGE
- Driver Training Taylormade (3.55 mi)2 reviews
- Patcham High School (17.06 mi)1 reviews
- My Drivings Kool (6.89 mi)2 reviews
- The Grange Montessori (6.88 mi)2 reviews
- L Plates Driving School (11.1 mi)3 reviews
- District General Hospital (6.34 mi)5 reviews
- Royal Sussex County Hospital (16.43 mi)4 reviews
- Nuffield Health Brighton Hospital (14.65 mi)1 reviews
- Uckfield Community Hospital (8.7 mi)1 reviews
- East Sussex Hospitals Nhs Trust (13.99 mi)1 reviews
- Convenience Corner (16.93 mi)4 reviews
- Thingslicious (17.78 mi)3 reviews
- Tesco Express (17.23 mi)8 reviews
- Spar (7.22 mi)1 reviews
- Tesco Stores (7.08 mi)6 reviews
- Michelham Priory and Gardens (1.98 mi)3 reviews
- The Long Man of Wilmington (0.93 mi)4 reviews
- Castle Hill Nature Reserve (10.7 mi)1 reviews
- st helens woods (14.67 mi)1 reviews
- Poohsticks Bridge (12.91 mi)1 reviews
- the village shop (1.48 mi)1 reviews
- One Stop Community Stores (3.89 mi)1 reviews
- Waitrose (1.15 mi)3 reviews
- Superdrug Stores (1.57 mi)2 reviews
- Costcutter (1.22 mi)1 reviews
- BP Connect (1.37 mi)1 reviews
- Golden Cross Service Station (2.94 mi)1 reviews
- Marks and Spencer BP Connect (16.44 mi)4 reviews
- Shell UK (13.71 mi)1 reviews
- Esso Service Station (9.86 mi)1 reviews
- Imperial Arcade (17.18 mi)2 reviews
- Orchards Shopping Centre (17.38 mi)1 reviews
- Churchill Square Shopping Centre (17.54 mi)17 reviews
- Brighton Marina (17.16 mi)24 reviews
- Marks & Spencer (14.59 mi)1 reviews
- Hawkswood Fish & Chips (0.59 mi)2 reviews
- Prezzo - Hailsham (0.98 mi)3 reviews
- Jasmine Garden (1.14 mi)2 reviews
- Li's Cottage Chinese Restaurant (1.16 mi)1 reviews
- Kemer Kebab (1.18 mi)1 reviews
- Nelson Coffee Co. (7.6 mi)1 reviews
- Ground Coffeehouse (10.25 mi)2 reviews
- Bill's Cafe (7.54 mi)1 reviews
- Windmills (5.66 mi)1 reviews
- Compton Lounge Tea Room (8.2 mi)1 reviews
- Waitrose (1.15 mi)3 reviews
- Costcutter (1.22 mi)1 reviews
- Tesco Stores (4.17 mi)1 reviews
- Tesco stores (4.57 mi)1 reviews
- Kudos Foods (4.44 mi)1 reviews
- HSBC Bank (1.17 mi)1 reviews
- Nationwide Building Society (1.16 mi)1 reviews
- Lloyds Bank (17.25 mi)3 reviews
- The Probate Department (4.85 mi)1 reviews
- HSBC Bank (17.31 mi)4 reviews
- White Hart (0.44 mi)1 reviews
- The Holly Blue (4.14 mi)1 reviews
- Sussex Ox (5.35 mi)4 reviews
- Six Bells Inn (3.01 mi)4 reviews
- Brewers Arms (3.79 mi)1 reviews
- Gatwick Express (26.23 mi)83 reviews
- Coastway Veterinary Clinic (16.6 mi)10 reviews
- St Francis Veterinary Surgery (17.88 mi)4 reviews
- Badgers Oak Veterinary Clinic (17.33 mi)2 reviews
- Cats Protection (15.7 mi)3 reviews
- Sandhole Veterinary Centre (31.8 mi)2 reviews