A detached family home in a sought after elevated position in Ratton, offering high calibre, contemporary accommodation throughout. Enjoy alfresco dining on the south west facing Indian sandstone patio, open the bi-fold doors and let the outside in and entertain in the magnificent open plan kitchen/dining/sitting room. The en-suite, family bathroom and ground floor shower room are all exquisitely re-fitted. Other features include a study, garage, large driveway and detached garden house. This home is simply not to be missed!
Vendor’s Note “Up here, you do feel like you are actually part of The South Downs.”
Location Old Mansion Close occupies one of the most elevated positions in Ratton, a highly desirable position offering far reaching views across Eastbourne. Neighbouring Willingdon Village offers two pubs, a Thai restaurant, hair and beauty salons, post office and gift shop. Right at the foot of The South Downs, there is an abundance of scenic walking opportunities. A choice of good Ofsted rated schools for all ages are available nearby. Eastbourne Town Centre is approximately 3 miles away, with Hampden Park train station being your closest link to London trains.
Reception Hallway Karndean flooring. Contemporary style vertical radiator with mirror. Extra large cloaks cupboard.
Spacious open plan living room/kitchen/family room 18’6 max x 17’2 max (5.64m x 5.23m)
Two double glazed windows to front aspect, enjoying views over Old Mansion Close towards the Downs. Re-fitted with a range of modern wall and base mounted units with soft-close doors and drawers, deep pan drawers and roller-shutter larder areas. Complemented by beautiful granite worktops over. Single bowl sink with independent boiling hot water tap. Integrated appliances including fan assisted oven, glass hob with canopied cooker hood over, microwave, dishwasher, fridge and freezer and bottle cooler. Inset ceiling spot lights. Karndean flooring. Radiator. Further contemporary style vertical radiator. Internal glazed panelled door to utility room and glazed panelled door to:
Sitting Room 19′ x 11’10 (5.79m x 3.61m) Double aspect room with window to the side aspect, enjoying far reaching views across Eastbourne with a glimpse of the sea. Bi-fold doors with fitted blinds open onto the south west facing rear terrace and garden and offer an abundance of natural light. Two contemporary style vertical radiators.
Utility Room 5’9 x 5′ (1.75m x 1.52m) UPVC double glazed window and door to the side aspect. Fitted with a small range of wall and base mounted units with worktops over. Single bowl sink unit. Space for washing machine and tumble dryer. Cupboards housing gas fired boiler and hot water cylinder.
Ground Floor Bedroom Four/Study 9’6 x 9′ (2.90m x 2.74m) UPVC double doors opening to rear patio and garden. Karndean flooring. Radiator.
Ground Floor Shower Room/WC Double glazed window to rear aspect. Re-fitted with a modern suite comprising corner shower cubicle, vanity wash hand basin with mixer tap and vanity unit and low level flush WC. Heated towel rail.
First Floor Landing Velux window. Hatch to loft space, with retractable ladder. Large shelved airing cupboard. Radiator.
Master Bedroom 12’5 x 12′ (3.78m x 3.66m) Double glazed window to rear aspect, enjoying views over the south westerly rear garden. Two built-in double wardrobes, with hanging rails, shelves and drawers. Built-in chest of drawers. Double radiator. Door to:
En-Suite Shower Room/WC Velux window. Re-fitted with a modern suite comprising shower cubicle with digital control unit, wash hand basin with mixer tap and vanity unit and low level flush WC. Part tiled walls. Wall mounted mirrored bathroom cabinet with light above. Heated towel rail.
Bedroom Two 14’3 x 12’4 (4.34m x 3.76m) Double aspect room, with double glazed windows to front and rear aspects, boasting both far reaching views across Eastbourne to the front and views over the south west facing garden to the rear. Two radiators.
Bedroom Three 14’9 x 10’9 (4.50m x 3.28m) Two double glazed windows to front aspect. Contemporary style vertical radiator.
Family Bathroom Velux window. Re-fitted with a modern white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap and separate mixer shower above, wash hand basin with mixer tap and vanity unity and low level flush WC. Wall mounted bathroom cabinet. Tiled walls. Heated towel rail.
Front Garden An extensive lawned area.
Rear Garden Boasting a south west facing aspect and affording a good deal of privacy. Extensive lawns, mature trees and shrubs, large Indian sandstone terrace, outside lighting, water tap and adjoining rockery garden.
Detached timber garden building Covered veranda and two rooms, the largest being 12’5 x 8’10 (3.78m x 2.69m), with double doors onto the veranda. Garden Store 13’9 x 3’10 (4.19m x 1.17m) Window to side aspect.
Integral Garage 17’10 x 9′ (5.44m x 2.74m) Up and over door, power and light. Housing mains water boost tank and offering additional loft storage.
Council Tax Band E with Eastbourne Brough Council.
12 weeks sole 0.6%+vat
- BATHROOM PLUS TWO MODERN SHOWER ROOMS
- BI-FOLDING DOORS TO SUN TERRACE
- GOOD SIZED BEDROOMS
- LUXURIOUSLY APPOINTED
- PRIME RATTON LOCATION
- SEA AND DOWNLAND VIEWS
- SUNNY MEADOW STYLE GARDEN
- VERY HIGH SPECIFICATION HOME
- Well Equipped Kitchen
- The Grange Montessori (1.45 mi)2 reviews
- My Drivings Kool (2.06 mi)2 reviews
- Driver Training Taylormade (2.26 mi)2 reviews
- District General Hospital (1.09 mi)5 reviews
- Royal Sussex County Hospital (16.04 mi)4 reviews
- Nuffield Health Brighton Hospital (14.63 mi)1 reviews
- Arlington Reservoir (2.04 mi)3 reviews
- Seven Sisters Country Park (4.25 mi)10 reviews
- Bluebell Walk (4.23 mi)1 reviews
- Kings Drive Service Station (1 mi)2 reviews
- Old Town Service Station (1.72 mi)3 reviews
- BP Connect (4.44 mi)1 reviews
- Imperial Arcade (16.88 mi)2 reviews
- Orchards Shopping Centre (20.79 mi)1 reviews
- Churchill Square Shopping Centre (17.26 mi)17 reviews
- Uncle Sams (1.11 mi)3 reviews
- Trident Fish Restaurant (1.2 mi)1 reviews
- Lakeside Tea Chalet (0.98 mi)3 reviews
- Nelson Coffee Co. (2.21 mi)1 reviews
- Compton Lounge Tea Room (2.74 mi)1 reviews
- Cafe Aroma (1.58 mi)1 reviews
- The Probate Department (0.95 mi)1 reviews
- Nationwide Building Society (2.42 mi)1 reviews
- Abbey (2.4 mi)2 reviews
- The British Queen (0.98 mi)1 reviews
- The Wheatsheaf Inn (0.46 mi)1 reviews
- The Hurst Arms (1.3 mi)2 reviews
- Gatwick Express (30.75 mi)83 reviews
- Coastway Veterinary Clinic (16.27 mi)10 reviews
- St Francis Veterinary Surgery (17.64 mi)4 reviews
- Badgers Oak Veterinary Clinic (20.55 mi)2 reviews