A truly stunning Chain Free apartment occupying the entire first floor of this magnificent south facing Victorian gothic building. Commodious accommodation providing grand rooms with stained glass windows, interesting turreted alcoves, sturdy masonry and fine joinery. This property has been fully renovated to an exceptional standard. A prime Meads address in walking distance of Eastbourne beach and the theatres. Must be viewed to appreciate the high specification on offer, there are very few like it.
A note from the vendor “The original stained glass and leaded light windows have been retained throughout and are an important feature. So too are the ornamental cast iron fireplaces, original archways and bespoke solid oak front door and internal doors and architraves. The 40cm high skirting board with mouldings runs throughout the property as do the polished solid oak floors.”
Location Situated in Lower Meads were many of Eastbourne’s facilities and amenities are within level walking distance. These include the promenade, beach pier and bandstand, the theatres, Towner Art Gallery and LTA Tennis Centre at Devonshire Park, the new Beacon shopping centre and mainline railway station to London and Brighton.
An external staircase leads to the first floor communal entrance door which in turn leads to a bespoke solid oak front door opening into:
Reception Hall 4.57m (15′) x 2.21m (7’3″) max
In grand style. Radiator and heating thermostat.
Drawing Room 7.02m (23′) into bay x 6.85m (22’6″)
a spacious south facing room with bay windows to the rear aspect giving views over the gardens. Beneath a decorative and ornamental archway is the original fireplace which has a ”living flame” gas fire, over mantel and handmade glass lamp shade. The fireplace is flanked by two side windows both of which have original wooden fitted bench seating, and a further side window. There are three radiators, two x chandeliers.
Kitchen/Dining Room 5.93m (19’5″) x 4.62m (15’2″) excluding bay
A stunning feature of the property with two bay windows and a further side window, all with original brass fittings. A twelve light chandelier hangs over a central island with two further wall lights with handmade glass shades providing softer lighting. The cabinetry is in solid oak with solid granite work surfaces. The central island is the heart of the kitchen and is constructed of oak base units topped with a worktop/breakfast bar which is in part solid oak, and part granite. The island incorporates a Perrin & Rowe single butler sink and nickel finished mixer tap. A top of the range integrated Miele dishwasher is included. Fitted into the “back bar” which has a white marble splashback and antique ornately carved wooden surround is a Britannia range cooker with electric double oven, six ring ceramic hob and a Britannia extractor fan over. Three radiators. Two archways.
Master Bedroom 5.36m (17’7″) x 4.14m (13’7″) into bay
a south facing room with bay window. Two full length bespoke built-in solid oak double wardrobes with mirror fronted double doors. Two radiators.
En-suite Bathroom 3.53m (11’7″) x 3.18m (10’5″)
The focus of which is a Drummonds free standing cast iron bath with brass mixer tap and shower attachment. Spacious corner shower cubicle with Majestic frameless glass panels, brass thermostatic shower with 12” rose, WC with high level Victorian style cistern. Thomas Crapper 25” wash basin with brass taps set, brass heated towel rail. Two custom made built-in utility cupboards both with mirror panels, housing the combi boiler and providing storage. Hand made glass light shade and brass curtain tie backs.
Bedroom Two 5.07m (16’7″) into bay x 4.98m (16’4″)
Bay window and side window. Cast iron fireplace, two bespoke built-in oak cupboards with mirror fronted doors. Two radiators.
Bedroom Three 3.81m (12’6″) x 3.05m (10′)
Cast iron fireplace with large antique over mirror in a polished wood surround. Radiator.
Family Bathroom 3.53m (11’7″) x 1.74m (5’8″)
an outstanding bathroom with a Catchpole Rye freestanding cast iron bath with polished sides and chrome mixer tap and shower attachment. Thomas Crapper 25” wash hand basin with chrome mixer tap, low level WC, chrome heated towel rail. Bespoke solid oak panelling. Built in utility cupboard housing a Miele washer/drier. One radiator.
The property is held on a 999 year lease which commenced in 1966. The ground rent is £15pa. Service charge £2,000pa. The terms allow for sub-letting on an AST. Pets are permitted, subject to the landlord’s consent
Council Tax Band D with Eastbourne Borough Council.
Nine weeks sole at 0.6% + VAT then multi 1% + VAT.
- Chain Free
- ENTIRE FIRST FLOOR APARTMENT
- HIGH SPECIFICATION RENOVATION
- Long Lease
- PERIOD CORRECT WINDOWS WITH STAINED GLASS
- STUNNING ATTENTION TO DETAIL
- TOP QUALITY FITTINGS
- TRUE VICTORIAN SPLENDOUR
- VERY SPACIOUS ACCOMMODATION
- The Grange Montessori (1.33 mi)2 reviews
- My Drivings Kool (1.54 mi)2 reviews
- Driver Training Taylormade (4.8 mi)2 reviews
- District General Hospital (1.87 mi)5 reviews
- Royal Sussex County Hospital (17.8 mi)4 reviews
- Nuffield Health Brighton Hospital (16.56 mi)1 reviews
- Arlington Reservoir (4.52 mi)3 reviews
- Treasure Island Adventure Park (1.63 mi)6 reviews
- Willingdon Trees (3.15 mi)1 reviews
- New Look (0.6 mi)1 reviews
- Superdrug Stores (0.65 mi)2 reviews
- Cooper's Magic Shops (0.58 mi)2 reviews
- Old Town Service Station (0.96 mi)3 reviews
- Kings Drive Service Station (1.91 mi)2 reviews
- Marks and Spencer BP Connect (18.39 mi)4 reviews
- Orchards Shopping Centre (23.38 mi)1 reviews
- Marks & Spencer (14.78 mi)1 reviews
- Wilkinson (22.38 mi)4 reviews
- Pomodoro E Mozzarella (0.5 mi)23 reviews
- Flamenco Tapas Restaurant (0.48 mi)8 reviews
- Mirabelle Restaurant (0.23 mi)4 reviews
- Nelson Coffee Co. (0.63 mi)1 reviews
- Compton Lounge Tea Room (0.19 mi)1 reviews
- Favoloso Cafe (0.35 mi)9 reviews
- Nationwide Building Society (0.65 mi)1 reviews
- Abbey (0.65 mi)2 reviews
- The Probate Department (3.48 mi)1 reviews
- Gatwick Express (33.42 mi)83 reviews
- St Francis Veterinary Surgery (19.41 mi)4 reviews
- Coastway Veterinary Clinic (18.04 mi)10 reviews
- Badgers Oak Veterinary Clinic (21.16 mi)2 reviews