A rare offering in the form of a charming two bedroom detached older style house with a self-contained studio style annexe to rear. The annexe has been finished to a high standard and includes en-suite shower room and kitchen area. The house has modern kitchen/diner, bay fronted double aspect sitting room, two double bedrooms, refitted bathroom. Located in a pretty lane at the foot of The South Downs, a wonderful location. There are architect’s drawings for conversion of the large loft space.
A note from the vendor “It actually feels like you are living in the countryside with the South Downs just across the road. The views of the Downland are superb.”
Location Within walking distance of Willingdon’s two excellent schools. Hop across the lane and you are on the South Downs National Park. At nearby Lower Willingdon you will find local shops, pubs and bus services into Eastbourne. Train service to London Victoria and Brighton can be found a short drive away at Polegate.
Entrance door, window to front, stairs to first floor landing.
Sitting Room 4.63m (15’2″) max x 3.58m (11’9″)
Bay window to front, two windows to side, fireplace, glazed double doors to:
Kitchen/Diner 5.37m (17’8″) x 2.78m (9’1″)
Windows to both sides and rear, double doors on to sun deck, radiator, cream gloss fitted kitchen with light grey tops, tiled splash backs, sink unit, fitted oven, hob, hood, slimline Bosch dishwasher and a microwave.
First Floor Landing
Window to side, hatch to boarded loft.
Window to rear, light, good standing height, insulated, boarded, power and lighting plus pull down ladder to landing, ideal for conversion subject to regulations consent.
Bedroom One 4.62m (15’2”) excluding wardrobes, narrowing to 3.64m (11’11”) x 3.48m (11’5″)
Window to front, window to side, views of the South Downs, mirror fronted built in wardrobes, picture rail, coved ceiling, radiator.
Bedroom Two 3.15m (10’4″) x 3.11m (10’2″)
Window to rear, window to side, coved ceiling.
Bathroom 2.21m (7’3″) x 1.64m (5’4″)
Window to rear, bath with shower over and glass screen, basin, WC, part tiled walls,
Window to side, flush WC.
Annexe 6.10m (20′) x 3.43m (11’3)
Open plan studio style annexe with room for bed, small dining table, sitting area. Modern fitted kitchen area. The annexe also has a useful boarded & insulated loft area with power and light and is accessed by a ‘concertina’ style retractable ladder.
En-Suite shower room
Basin, WC and shower cubicle.
Shingled frontage with space for off road parking, enclosed by fencing with five bar gate. Concrete shed.
Decked terrace with steps down to lawn. Further shingled area adjacent to annexe.
The vendor has architect’s drawings for the addition of an attached single garage with utility room behind, which will link to current dining kitchen. Conversion of loft space with the addition of a dormer, This will create a master bedroom with en-suite.
House band D with Wealden District Council. The annexe is banded ‘A’ but is exempt from council tax under present status of family use only.
0.6% plus VAT 12 weeks low key
- BRIGHT INTERIOR
- Gated Off Road PArking
- MODERN KITCHENS
- MOST ROOMS DOUBLE ASPECT
- SCOPE FOR LOFT CONVERSION
- SELF CONTAINED ANNEXE
- SEMI-RURAL LOCATION
- VIEWS OF THE SOUTH DOWNS
- WELL MAINTAINED HOME
- Driver Training Taylormade (1.11 mi)2 reviews
- My Drivings Kool (3.09 mi)2 reviews
- Patcham High School (16.97 mi)1 reviews
- Embassy Language Training School (17.5 mi)1 reviews
- The Grange Montessori (2.65 mi)2 reviews
- District General Hospital (2.19 mi)5 reviews
- Royal Sussex County Hospital (15.49 mi)4 reviews
- Nuffield Health Brighton Hospital (13.99 mi)1 reviews
- Seaford Medical Practice (6.51 mi)3 reviews
- Southlands Hospital (21.17 mi)1 reviews
- Spar (3.54 mi)1 reviews
- Tesco Stores (3.49 mi)6 reviews
- One Stop Convenience Store (3.5 mi)1 reviews
- Tesco stores (2.38 mi)1 reviews
- Sainsburys (3.51 mi)5 reviews
- Michelham Priory and Gardens (3.58 mi)3 reviews
- Arlington Reservoir (1 mi)3 reviews
- The Long Man of Wilmington (3.85 mi)4 reviews
- Castle Hill Nature Reserve (8.26 mi)1 reviews
- Seven Sisters Country Park (4.31 mi)10 reviews
- New Look (3.59 mi)1 reviews
- Tesco Stores (0.58 mi)1 reviews
- Superdrug Stores (3.6 mi)2 reviews
- One Stop Community Stores (0.8 mi)1 reviews
- Co-op (0.85 mi)2 reviews
- Kings Drive Service Station (2.11 mi)2 reviews
- BP Connect (3.32 mi)1 reviews
- Old Town Service Station (2.97 mi)3 reviews
- Morrisons Seaford Petrol Station (6.52 mi)1 reviews
- Golden Cross Service Station (6.04 mi)1 reviews
- Imperial Arcade (16.32 mi)2 reviews
- County Mall Shopping Centre (27.85 mi)9 reviews
- Orchards Shopping Centre (19.66 mi)1 reviews
- Churchill Square Shopping Centre (16.7 mi)17 reviews
- Brighton Marina (16.4 mi)24 reviews
- Pomodoro E Mozzarella (3.72 mi)23 reviews
- Treacle Mine (1.37 mi)5 reviews
- Flamenco Tapas Restaurant (3.77 mi)8 reviews
- Wingrove House (3.48 mi)2 reviews
- Mirabelle Restaurant (4.04 mi)4 reviews
- Nelson Coffee Co. (3.43 mi)1 reviews
- Vickery Coffee House (3.81 mi)2 reviews
- Seaside Pie & Mash (3.75 mi)1 reviews
- Bill's Cafe (3.68 mi)1 reviews
- Compton Lounge Tea Room (3.99 mi)1 reviews
- Sainsburys (2.24 mi)5 reviews
- Waitrose (3.81 mi)3 reviews
- Tesco Stores (0.58 mi)1 reviews
- Lidl Eastbourne (3.49 mi)5 reviews
- Costcutter (3.53 mi)1 reviews
- HSBC Bank (3.76 mi)1 reviews
- The Probate Department (0.59 mi)1 reviews
- Nationwide Building Society (3.74 mi)1 reviews
- Nationwide Building Society (3.62 mi)1 reviews
- Abbey (3.6 mi)2 reviews
- Sussex Ox (2.87 mi)4 reviews
- The Plough and Harrow (2.26 mi)2 reviews
- The Junction Tavern (1.02 mi)1 reviews
- The Wellington (6.49 mi)2 reviews
- Eastbourne Cocktail Club (3.51 mi)1 reviews
- Gatwick Express (29.52 mi)83 reviews
- Coastway Veterinary Clinic (15.71 mi)10 reviews
- St Francis Veterinary Surgery (17.08 mi)4 reviews
- Badgers Oak Veterinary Clinic (20.17 mi)2 reviews
- Cats Protection (19.3 mi)3 reviews
- Sandhole Veterinary Centre (36.4 mi)2 reviews